Search This Blog

March 03, 2014

A Kick in my Seat


I've recently joined Pinterest -- love all the eye candy there! I've been looking for craft videos to watch and pin to save if I liked them, so I've been clicking on everybody's video boards that I've run across. I been trying to think of something to write for this week as I like to post weekly, but I hadn't come up with something yet until . . .

Last night I got a kick-in-the-seat-of-my-pants -- it had to be a God-thing because I had been silently grousing about not having something to write about and when I watched this video about a little girl who was born with no face, I gave myself a scolding!

You see, I don't like my bod or looks much --- I've always been on the heavy side and got a lot of harassment from unkind toads. Dr. Ketterman sent me to an endocrinologist and after a series of tests, she diagnosed me, not with Cushing's Disease but with Polycystic Ovary Disease and Low-Normal Thyroid Levels. Yes, my hormones were messed up, hence not much in the way of metabolism and infertility and heavy facial hair that I shave everyday. And yes, I've tried several versions of meds and didn't like how they made me feel or act -- like a bear! LOL!

I have much to be grateful for -- I was born with a face -- with underlying bone structures and muscles, eyeballs with lids that blink that I don't have to tape shut every night so I can sleep. While I've had a few surgeries, I've not had to go through as many as this little girl has had. I'm grateful for modern medicine as this little girl had to have surgery immediately after birth in order to breath and eat and see. Before modern medicine she probably would have died. I feel grateful for my cousin's courage. He was born with a cleft lip and a cleft palate and while I knew he had several surgeries to correct his incompleteness, it didn't affect me until I understood what this little girl went through.

And knowing that people need encouragement – I think I will thank my cousin for his courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).