Search This Blog

April 01, 2015

Romans 8:28

Therefore we do not lose HEART.
Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being RENEWED
day by day.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an ETERNAL glory that far outweighs them all. So we FIX our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.
For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is ETERNAL
~ 2 Corinthians 4:16-18.
 
And we KNOW
that in ALL things
God works for the GOOD
of those who love him,
who have been called according
to his PURPOSE.
~ Romans 8:28
 
Only yesterday, I went to the doctors to obtain medicine to help me get over the chest crud (I have asthma, too). As expensive as medicine can be, I'm thankful that it's available. One of us in our family has been sick since Christmas. Last week, it was both myself and my husband.
I've been sleeping in an upright position since last week and sporadically at that as the very over-the-counter medicines that I've been taking to help me, as a side-effect, cause insomnia. I tried to go back to bed tonight, only to have to get back up when I began coughing. I went back into the living room where I have been living for a week and tried to raise the foot rest on my rise chair in order to put my feet up and the back into a semi-incline position. I wanted a comfortable position to sleep in -- the back just high enough so that I didn't cough and the footstool up so my feet wouldn't swell from being down.
My well-loved rise chair was a blessing given to me by some friends after I herniated the disc in my back. I could only sit in one position then, semi-forward upright. Tonight I won't be sleeping in this chair as it's stuck in the semi-forward upright position. Hubby messed with it and said the engine was sparking when I pushed the buttons to move it. sigh! That was the last straw! sigh! A dead chair. It died in service.
As I was ranting on to my husband about the whole mess, God reminded me of the verse our pastor preached on a few weeks ago when the both of us were well enough to attend (son was at home sick in bed). It was on Romans 8: 28. As I reached for my Bible that I keep on the end table right next to my chair to look it up, the Bible fell open at 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. Okay, God, what are you trying to tell me? I guess it's my opportunity to "give THANKS in all (VERY TRYING) circumstances," (1 Thessalonians 5: 18a). So here I am, typing away at the computer in the wee hours of the morning! *smile*

Hubby often quotes, "If we didn't have any bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all." Not that we believe in luck or fate or whatever you want to call it. He uses that proverb in  a light-hearted manner when frustration threatens to take over. I'm TRYING to see being sick and unable to sleep in a comfortable manner as a temporary problem and that perhaps this is an opportunity for God to bless me in addition to what he's already blessed me with for my GOOD.
I think I see what Stephanie was trying to say in one of her posts I've been reading lately. She quoted various scriptures from this chapter of Philippians, but here's some other meaningful words from the same chapter. *smile* Oh, for a good night sleep, good health, and  a resting place. . .
 
REJOICE greatly in the Lord. . .
Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had NO OPPORTUNITY to show it. . .
it was GOOD of you to share in my troubles.
~ Philippians 4:10, 14.


2 comments:

  1. "Oh, for a good night sleep, good health, and a resting place. . ." I do know what you mean. I would give almost anything for good health, and where I would be without my reclining chair I truly don't know! If we lived anywhere remotely near each other I would willingly give you one of my reclining chairs. I do hope you manage to get another one very soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joan. I know you would. I have two other recliner chairs, but they are not my rise chairs. They are shorter and harder for me to get out of. I tried to rock 'n roll out of one the other night and about ended up on my nose! *smile* It was good of you to share my troubles with me. Thank you, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).