Search This Blog

September 14, 2016

Stephanie Ackerman's Online Classes

I've been doodling all week. No, it's not a dog, but a cartoonish type of drawing made easy by Stephanie Ackerman. Thanks to her discount to Documented Faith-booker's, I had the opportunity to take one of her online courses and make not one, but TWO projects. One was an artist's sketchbook that's crammed full of doodling ideas and an alphabet and the other is a painted canvas to hang on the wall or give as a gift!
 
I completed a doodling project for my faith-book group friends last night -- (shhhh! it's a secret -- don't tell) and have a couple more in mind to make, one being a doodled page with Stephanie's cookie recipe on it. But I've been able to finish a couple of my faith-book pages that needed some sort of art journal idea to finish them off! One was a divider page from last month that I doodled on, watercolored and laminated and the other was my scripture page that I was able to complete making pretty too!


There are several things that Stephanie said in videos and through Documented Faith that resonated with me this last month as well as a few others shared by and with friends.

And here is my scripture page that got prettied up with flowers. Love the ones in the lower right hand corner, don't you?

I even made 18 artist trading cards to swap with the atc club I joined last year. Artist trading cards or atc's as they are commonly known, are miniature works of art (2 1/2" x 3 1/2" in size) that you trade (never sell) with friends and other paper crafters. I quoted Stephanie when describing this atc in our meeting -- "A doodled house is just a square with a triangle on top and a heart in the middle (because a house is not a home without a heart)!" Amen, to that, sister, esp. a heart that's been made clean by Jesus!
 

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, RoOTeD and BUiLt up in him, strengthened in the FaiTH as you were TaugHT, and overflowing with THANKFULNESS." ~ Colossians 2:6-7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).