Search This Blog

May 29, 2018

Thankful for the God of My Ancestors!

1. YUMMIES! = I found a new cookbook at Half Price books in the clearance aisle and have already made the first recipe - blueberry muffins. The only sweetening was 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas and frozen blueberries and my husband said they were okay. Yay! I drizzled some honey on top and he said he preferred them plain. Amazing!


 Next we went to Walmart and found some bananas that were on the speckled side on the clearance cart. I bought all they had, brought them home, peeled them and mashed them with a fork on a plate and put them up in 1 cup plastic containers to put them into the freezer. Now I'll have banana mash whenever I need them for the recipes in this cookbook. I also looked at what they had for frozen fruit (yes, you have to read labels even for dried and frozen fruit!) and found blueberries without sugar. I also purchased some frozen fruit concentrate as well. 
I've been looking at flat breads and found three brands of flour tortilla's made without sugar, so I've made something I call Mexican "peanut butter and jelly." I bought a can of refried beans, made without sugar, spread it on the tortilla and then spread Kauffman's No Sugar Added Pumpkin Butter Spread over that, rolled it in half like a taco and Yum! Of the three brands of flour no added sugar tortilla's that I found at Walmart, I prefer La Banderita Ricas. It is a nice size for the hand,  has more flavor, with the added benefit of no sugar!  The package fit in my side-by-side refrigerator door's shelf quite nicely (I designated a condiment pocket for my "No Sugar Shelf.") I'm thankful for creative ideas that are coming to mind as I adapt to a new way of eating. 

2. A RAK (Random Act of Kindness) = I'm thankful for the kindness of the pizza cook who came out from behind the counter, took my plates and carried them to the table for me where my husband was sitting with his back to the buffet. I know I should have made two trips, but was trying to do it in one because my knee was hurting, so I was trying to balance two plates and my cane on my arm on the way to the table. 

3. BRIGHT SPOTS - I'm so thankful for bright spots to my day that God sends my way such as this pretty rose that was blooming right by my front porch.  Isn't it pretty?



4. SERENITY PRAYER! = It's been written down in my planner this month! 

5. DOCUMENTED FAITH = I have been writing down the Bible verses that Stephanie has been sending out in a spiral planner that I picked up at Walmart, but missed doing the art that I have done with the scriptures in the past, so I found a 5" x  7" spiral bound sketch-book and began designing pages to accompany each Bible verse. I bought one of Stephanie's Sizzix brand flower dies, cut out all the pieces in white paper, then water-colored the pieces, glued them together when dry, then drew in the stitches with a black fine-line sharpie and glued it to the scrapbook paper that I attached to the front of the sketchbook. The pages are perforated, so used masking tape on the backside of the pages to keep them from tearing (and I'm collecting something to glue to the back of the pages. Sneak peak, next time, okay?). Thank you, Lord, for giving Stephanie the idea for Documented Faith! 


And see where it's hanging out:


Cute, huh? 


"I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors:"

~ Daniel 2:23a 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).