Search This Blog

June 01, 2019

Tiptoe Through the Tulips!



POSITIVITY JOURNAL FLIP-THROUGH! To date

FEEL GOOD MUSIC! - Nothing like Happy Music to Lift my Spirits Out of the Doldrums! 
A week's worth of Happy Music! Enjoy! 

1. Lyrics - Pharrell Williams - Happy! 

2. Sister Act II - Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee (Last line - Fill us with the Light of Day!)

3. The Alexander Brothers - Lord of the Dance 

4. Etta James - Oh, Happy Day! 

5. Travis Daniels - One More Valley 

6. Lyrics = Johnny Horton - Riding the Sunshine Special 

7. Lyrics = James Baskett - Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah

GIRLFRIEND CARDS!


Praying for You As You Get Well! - May God bless you with good health, protect you with his almighty strength, and keep you always in his tender care. ~ Sandra

May You Know God's Touch Today ~ Asking God to take extra-special care of you, and praying that you'll feel better soon! ~ Sandra.

GOOD NEWS!

Our son got a new-to-him used car! 🚗  👍 

And a friend is moving closer to me! 👍

GRATEFUL FOR:

Thankful for my Uncle George, new-to-me cousins, and my "sisters of my heart!" ❤

LYRICS & POETRY:

Heart Gardening 
Anonymous

Your mind is a garden
Your thoughts are the seeds
You can grow flowers
Or you can grow weeds.
-----
In the Garden (one of my favorite hymns)
By C. Austin Miles

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.
------
The kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth
One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth!

~ by Dorothy Frances Gurney
----- 
Friendship Cake

1 cup of greetings
1/2 cup smiles
1 large hug
2/3 cup love
1 teaspoon sympathy
2 cups hospitality

Mix greetings & smiles thoroughly. Add hugs separately. Slowly stir in love. Sift sympathy & hospitality and fold in carefully. Bake in a warm heart. Serve often.
------

POSITIVE CRAFT SUPPLIES!

"Think Positive, Be Positive." Stencil by Plaid Folk-Art

Momenta Galaxy Stencil

colored pencils, Dollar Tree stickers, my doodles, Faber-Castell watercolor crayons & water brush, flowers in a bottle & bling, K & Company flower stickers from the thrift store,  packaging letters, Sunflower Seed packet and washi tape. 

QUOTES & SAYINGS:

Bloom Where You Are Planted!

Life began in a Garden!

Wherever life plants you, bloom with GRACE

Church Sign: "A smile usually begins with a smile."


Give a man a fish & you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. ~ Chinese proverb.

Cultivate positive thoughts and watch your life bloom! 🌺

Sticker: Positive Mind, Positive Vibes, Positive Life


"A TRUE FRIEND knows your weaknesses, but shows YOU your STRENGTHS, feels your fears but fortifies your FAITH; Sees your anxieties, but frees your SPIRIT; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your POSSIBILITIES." ~ William Arthur Ward. 


"As Marie Kondo would say, don't keep anything in your closet that doesn't spark joy." ~ Brie Schwartz, Country Living. (Oh goody, spring cleaning time! 😏 )

Friends are the flowers in the garden of life. 

Garden of Weeden

I want to be like a sunflower so even on the darkest days I will stand tall and find the LIGHT! 

SCRIPTURES:


Genesis 2: 8 = Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east in Eden; & there he put the man he had formed.



Genesis 2:15 = The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it.


Judges 5:31 = May they who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength.

1 Kings 10:8 = "How happy your men must be! How happy your officials, who continually stand before you and hear your wisdom." ~ Queen of Sheba

1 Kings 10:9 = "Praise be to the Lord your God, who has delighted in you and placed you on the throne of Israel. Because of the Lord's eternal love for Israel, he had made you King, to maintain justice and righteousness." ~ Queen of Sheba. 


Psalm 34:5 = Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.


Song of Songs 2:11-13 = See! The winter is past; the rains are over & gone. Flowers appear on the earth, the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come my darling; my beautiful one, come with me. 

Isaiah 61:11 = For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations. 


Lamentations 3:22-23 = The Lord's compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness! 

Luke 12:27, 34 = Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dresses like one of these. . . For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

DOCUMENTED FAITH Word - Pivot: turning point. 
"Change course instead of quitting. Refine/improve something by making small changes." ~ Stephanie Ackerman. 

"I can do everything through him who gives me the strength." ~ Philippians 4:13. 

". . . train yourself to be godly." ~ 1 Timothy 4:7

THE GIFT OF NATURE! 

Blue-birds of Happiness - the blue-bird is a widely accepted symbol of cheerfulness, happiness, prosperity, hearth and home, good health, new births, the renewal of springtime, etc. Virtually any positive sentiments may be attached to the bluebird.

Positive Words
again, and, can, challenge, focus on the important & present, honest, integrity, love, next time, now, pivot, possible, providence, smart, succeed, sure, thankful

MY THOUGHTS & MEMORIES:


Here's something I think should come back in style -- saying "Thank You" and "You're Welcome" or "My Pleasure." 



Root out the weeds and replant flowers of life, then bask in the SONSHINE and grow.

Jesus saved me when I was ten during a revival. I felt God's call to the altar when I realized I was a sinner -- I wanted my heart to be washed pure and clean. 

My mother had a vegetable garden in the backyard when I was growing up. We girls helped her weed and prepare the food for eating, canning, and freezing. One year, we had vegetables growing clear up to a freeze, so we brought in green tomatoes and my grandmother showed us how to make green tomato pie and canned green tomatoes. We also had fried zucchini squash and pickles. Mom would cook cut up okra with fried potatoes. Yum! 

Went to Paola, KS cemetery with the hubbin to find Samuel P. Boone's family tombstones. Stopped at Louisburg, KS. thrift store called Agapes Grace which was located in a historic Methodist church (hours: T-S, 10-5) & purchased a new-to-me purse. 

37th Anniversary! My honey purchased a stoneware Queen Bee Teapot for my anniversary gift. It says: "Tea With the Queen!" He had his sister (my sister-in-love) purchase it and sneak it out of Cracker barrel's Restaurant Gift Shop after we had met some of his family there to eat one Sunday after church. Sweet! 

My sister, P. said I have more creativity in my crooked pinky finger than she did in her whole bod. 

Me, my sisters, my mother and my grandmothers descended from -- the Ultimate Designer who took nothing and made something wonderful from it! He is creative, we are made in his image,  therefore we are too, just in different ways! 

IDEA: If you don't know how or what to pray for, then pray (which is just talking to God) scriptures. Read it out loud like a beginning reader - Student to teacher! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).