Search This Blog

January 07, 2020

Happy New Year!

BEAUTIFUL SHALOM PRAYER  New video by Valerie Sjoden. Valerie's gratitude journal was featured on this blog awhile back. 




My video. 

FEATURED ALPHABET LETTER: 
(These are the words my girlfriends, husband, and I came up with for the letter below.)

J is for -- Jacob, Judah, Jesse, Jehoshaphat, Jehoram, Jotham, Josiah, Jeconiah, Joseph (ancestors of JESUS; Matthew 1), John the Baptist (cousin), Journey, Judea, Jerusalem, Joy, Jack Frost, Jingle Bells, Jolly, and Joyeux NoΓ«l


🍯🍦🧁πŸͺ🍩🍭🍬⛪🎁🏠

RIDDLES:

Q. Where do gingerbread men sleep?
A. On cookie sheets. 

Q. What do you do with a gingerbread man that keeps falling over?
A. Give him a candy cane!

🍯🍦🧁πŸͺ🍩🍭🍬⛪🎁🏠

SWEET POEM, SAYINGS AND QUOTES!

MY GINGERBREAD HOUSE. 
~ by Anonymous.

I made a house of gingerbread.
It was so sugary sweet
It took me all day long to make.
But lasted just a week. 


A balanced diet is a gingerbread cookie in each hand! 😊
After your big sugar RUSH; don't forget to brush, brush, brush! 
All day suckers/lollipops. 
A mistletoe bough for you. 
Baking Spirits Bright! 
Believe! Faith Makes All Things Possible.
Christmas cookies and holiday hearts, . . . that's the way Christmas starts! 
Christmas is holly with berries of red and the heavenly fragrance of warm gingerbread. 
Come sit at my table and share with me, warm gingerbread cookies and cinnamon tea.  
Friendship is the Candle that lights up your heart whenever it is Dark. 
Goody, goody, gumdrops! 
His Presence Is Our Present! 
Holiday Wishes - made with gingerbread hugs and peppermint kisses!
I welcome change as it is an opportunity to Grow and Learn.
Lemon Drops 
Life is like an ice cream -- Enjoy it before it melts! 
Make a joyful noise!
SO GOOD!
Start each day with a grateful heart!
Sweet shop
Think Happy; Be Happy! 
This striped heart reminds us of God's great love sent long ago. The Father sent his son to pay the price for man's sin. The red stripe is for the blood he shed. The white stripe is for His perfect righteousness. 
Welcome to Gingerbread Lane in Candy Land! 
YUM!
🍯🍦🧁πŸͺ🍩🍭🍬⛪🎁🏠

SWEET SCRIPTURES: 

Exodus 16:31 = The people of Israel called the bread manna. It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey. 


Deuteronomy 8:3 = He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. 

1 Chronicles 12:39-40 = The men spent three days there with David eating and drinking, for their families had supplied provisions for them. Also, their neighbors from as far away as Issachar, Zebulon and Naphtali, came bringing food on donkeys, camels, mules and oxen. There were plentiful supplies of flour, fig cakes, raisin cakes, wine, olive oil, cattle and sheep for there was JOY in Israel. 

Nehemiah 8:10 = Nehemiah said, "Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the JOY of the Lord is your strength." 


Psalm 119:103 = How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth. 

Proverbs 16:24 = Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. 


Proverbs 24:14 = Know also that wisdom is like honey for you; If you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. 


Jeremiah 15:16 = When your words came, I ate them, they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty. 

Amos 5:15 = Hate evil, love good; Maintain justice in the court. 

Matthew 26:26 = While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." 

John 6:35 = Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

Philippians 4:8 = Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. 


🍯🍦🧁πŸͺ🍩🍭🍬⛪🎁🏠

GOOD MEMORIES!

Advent Candles - It is our honor to participate in the advent portion of our morning worship service during the Christmas season. 


Alas, my days of eating sugar cookies are no more, for I cannot eat processed sugar, however, I do have good memories of eating Angie's, cause they were the best yummies I've ever eaten! 

During our son's early elementary years, before we moved our TV trays to the living room, we sat at the kitchen table to eat our meals. In those days we had a clothespin recipe stand that was placed in the center of the table, with a weekly memory verse written down on an index card pinned to it. We used talk about what the verse meant and we would practice saying it to each other like a fun game. Our son sat between us on the pew during morning worship as he was an active little boy. He was always amazed when our verse came up in service that Sunday and I was amazed he was listening even when he appeared not to be. Must have been the Holy Spirit directing our choices that week! 


In our former church, my husband participated in a Living Nativity as a shepherd one year. He forgot to wear long johns under his breezy shepherd's costume and it was cold that year. Also, when you have live animals in a scene like that, be prepared for interesting things to happen. He forgot until the donkey brayed behind right him and about upset the apple cart! smile!

My husband's employer has an annual dress-up Christmas party at a local country club for all the employees where we have fancy hors d’oeuvres (I ate caviar for the first time this year) and a nice dinner (Cornish game hen, sugar cookies for dessert and the ever popular chocolate bar. I was good, I only ate the fruit.). The employees exchange gifts ($10 or less) and  the employer has a ticket raffle for really nice bonus prizes at the end of the evening (my sweet husband won one and gave it to me!).  We enjoy it every year. 

When our current pastor was our youth pastor, a couple of teen boys were wrestling around in the church yard after youth group one summer evening. One of them threw their car keys up in the air and it came down in the grass somewhere. The youth group searched and searched for about an hour and could not find them anywhere. We had just exited the back of the church building and curious, I asked the youth pastor what they were looking for and he told me. I asked him, knowing the possible outcome of this fruitless search, if he had tried prayer. He looked stunned and said no. So he huddled the teens together, he prayed and then I moved over to a section of the grass to where I felt the Lord was leading me to go while the rest went to searching again. My husband came up behind me, swooped down, put his hand down into a clump of grass, grabbed a keychain and held it high like a kid on an Easter egg hunt with a grin on his face. From the time of the prayer to the time my husband found the keys shining in the grass wasn't any more than five minutes. Yippee! Hallelujah! The young man could go home! 😁 

Since our pastor went on a Work and Witness Mission Trip this year, our church has contributed to a couple of Missions in this country over the "big pond" from the USA. Our ladies group got together to crochet scarves as a gift to one of the mission projects that he visited. We sent our pastor to this country again to deliver the scarves and other goodies this month as our goodwill ambassador. I contributed a few crochet scarves to this project! One of them is at the very top of this ladder. 


Teaching nieces and nephews and homeschooled children how to make Christmas Cottages

🍯🍦🧁πŸͺ🍩🍭🍬⛪🎁🏠


My therapist asked me at our session on the last day of this month and year: 
What do you have to look forward to in the New Year? 

A fresh clean slate with no negativity in it yet. smile! 

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).