Search This Blog

January 27, 2014

Thank You Christmas Ornament

When I was growing up, mom would make or purchase Christmas ornaments with special meaning during the year and we kids have continued the tradition.

Sometimes mom would purchase a special ornament from a gift shop when we went on vacation. It would bring back lovely memories of that vacation as we placed it upon the tree every year. I remember my aunt sewing puffy felt ornaments one year, decorating them with sequins and giving one to each of us children when we visited our grandparents during our Christmas break from school, however I wish mom would have dated them, because I don't remember how old I was then. When my husband and I were first married, my mother-in-law and I painted strawberry ornaments from English walnut shells after picking out the nut-meats for holiday cakes. I painted ceramic angels for our tree during one of my mother's ceramic classes. Another year, I crocheted snowflakes and starched them stiff for our tree. They were pretty. One of our couple friends crafted wooden ornaments every year as their gift to us. Paper and metal ornaments have been gifted through holiday cards too.

Within the last few weeks I found a Christmas ornament that will symbolize 2013 for me at a little quaint historic Irish deli and gift shop called Browne's Irish Marketplace. The brand on the ornament is from an Irish woollen mill company called Blarney. It does not matter if I'm a little late, the representation remains the same.

 

 

I'm thankful:
1. For Interpol, FBI, and other governmental agencies who police identity thieves and scammers.
2. That the fire department's charge for picking me up off the floor when my chair tipped over wasn't any higher!
3. That God's wisdom is available anytime I need it when discussing human relationships with our son. "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)
4. For good, positive memories! "The memory of the righteous will be a blessing, but the name of the wicked will rot." ( Proverbs 10:7)
5. For my Savior! "But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we have done, but because of his mercy." (Titus 3:4-5)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).