Search This Blog

December 16, 2014

A Delightful Gratitude Journal


"This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"
[~2 Corinthians 9: 12-15]
 
Julie, an artsy girlfriend wanted me to join her this year in an art journaling project so I signed up. It is called "Documented Faith 2015" by a doodling paper artist I have never heard of before.  Have you? Her name is Stephanie Ackerman.  I received my first lesson and I will be sharing  more with you later. ( Click here if you want to sign up too!)

Since I have never attempted to art journal before (I'm a crafty rubber stamp cardmaker & crocheter), I visited Youtube to see what others have done and I ran across a delightful gratitude art journal that just made me drool and I had to share with you. It is by Valerie Sjodin! *smile*  Here's my first peek -- ahhh!




Used by permission. Text and image copyright 2014 Valerie Sjodin©visualblessings.blogspot.com

  
Then I just had to go visit her blog to see her post about this wonderful journal. Click here. After that, since I still had an insatiable desire to see more, my fingers ran to  type in her website on my computer toolbar. Golly wow!  You've got to see her videos, her journal pages and the slideshow of her amazing art! Oh, my!

After all the wonderful art views, I had a brainstorm and decided I must email her and ask for permission to feature her gratitude journal on my online gratitude journal blog! You know, to bookmark it, to have it handy when I need inspiration. Funny thing is,  she created her journal in response to a blog challenge at Bernice Hopper's online art journaling group at http://anattitudeofgratitudejournal.blogspot.com . The journal itself was inspired by Teesha Moore's Amazing 16-page Journal YouTube Videos .

Isn't amazing how we can inspire one another toward gratitude? Thank you, Julie, for asking me to join you for Stephanie Ackerman's "Documenting Faith 2015" and thank you, Valerie, for giving me permission to showcase your lovely gratitude art journal, and most of all, thank you, God,  for your saving love and grace in my life!

Update (7/27/2018) = Valerie has since been published - as a contributor to a Bible Journaling book (I bought my copy at Michaels) and her own book. She is also designing stencils. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Rushd Lady for your kind words and encouragement to be thankful! Many blessings and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome and I feel honored that you graciously allowed me to show my friends your lovely work on my blog. Merry Christmas to you too and a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Incredible, beautiful, amazing, and after that I'm speechless! ;)
    I have now joined the Documented Faith 2015, too. Thank you, Mam!
    PS: ::wink:: received, understood . . . and greatly appreciated!
    Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goody! I hope you'll be blogging some of your art journal pages with us! Thanks for stopping by and saying howdy. Merry Christmas Everybody!

      Delete

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).