I've been busy. My kitchen and recipe box have been turned upside down. Last fall, I had several GI tests and consequently, I'm following 4 medical diets. A YouTube friend, Possum Patty, calls it the Freedom Diet - dairy-free, fructan-free, soy-free, sugar-free, etc.
Who in their right mind asks to have lactose and fructose malabsorption, GERD/gastritis, or gastroparesis? Not me. They came as a complete surprise. But I decided that the best thing about these overwhelming diets, are the abundance of products out there now for people with food intolerances and allergies. Food brand companies and grocery stores are finally getting it! You make or stock, I buy!
So, while I have to make a few recipes at home from scratch with my new-to-me Kitchen aid stand mixer and oven, I felt like I needed to write down the food brands I've been enjoying. Told hubby that if it doesn't taste good, do you think I would be eating it? Nope! So this list is one that will be a post in progress as I try more brands and hope it will help someone else out there who is as clueless as I was in the beginning about what to look for.
One piece of advice: READ THE INGREDIENTS! When you go shopping, you will need to read the ingredient list of EVERY product before you put it into your grocery cart until you establish your brands. What may be right for me, may not be right for your tummy and we learned, for instance, that even if it says GLUTEN-FREE on the package, it may be made with an ingredient that my body can't tolerate now such as chick-peas or nuts.
- A & W Sugar-free Root beer Drink Mixes
- Annie's Gluten-Free Mac & Cheese
- Bob's Red Mill (gluten-free grains)
- Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-Free Bread
- Rice or Corn Chex Cereal
- Crazy Richard's sugar-free peanut butter
- Crunchmaster Chips
- Earth Balance Soy-free Margarine (red carton)
- ekSel Toaster Bags
- Enjoy Life Allergy-Free Cookies (recent recall -7-2022 )
- Fair-life Lactose Free Milk & Milk Products
- Frito-Lay Corn Chips
- Fody Foods (low-fodmap)
- Gimbal's Scottie Dogs Licorice (Peanut-free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Egg-Free, Kosher Pareve & No High Fructose Corn Syrup)
- Goodie Girl Gluten-Free Cookies
- JOY Gluten Free Ice Cream Sugar Cones
- Katz Gluten Free Foods (Donuts, Yum!)
- King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour
- Lilly's Stevia Sweetened chips and candy
- Modern Mountain Flour Company
- Pamela's Gluten-Free Graham Crackers
- Pillsbury Gluten-Free Cake Mixes
- Polaner Sugar-free All-Fruit Spreads
- Popcorners Popped-Corn Snack (Sweet & Salty Kettle corn - red package)
- Pukka Herbal Teas
- Schar Gluten-Free Breads
- Silk Coconut Milk.
- Stevia In The Raw (sugar-free sweetener)
- So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut milk yogurt & ice cream.
- Sugar-free gelatin and pudding.
- Tate's Bake Shop Gluten-Free Coconut Crisp Cookies (white package)
- TERRA Real Vegetable Chips