Search This Blog

March 10, 2018

A Peculiar Princess!

"Others went out on the sea in ships; they were merchants on the mighty waters. They saw the works of the Lord, his wonderful deeds in the deep. For he spoke and stirred up a tempest that lifted high the waves. They mounted up to the heavens and went down to the depths; in their peril their courage melted away. They reeled and staggered like drunken men; they were at their wits' end. Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble and he brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven. Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men." ~ Psalm 107:23-31. 

I always wanted to have girlfriends just like my mom did, but I was for the most part a social misfit. I've always had trouble making and keeping friends, however, I'm learning that I'm a . . .

1. I'm A Peculiar Person! -- Did you know that the term "weird" means witch-like? Some people use the term thinking it means strange, but it does not and as a Christian, I am certainly not witch-like, because I am following God. I don't know what I would have done during the hard, sad times of my life, if he wasn't there to support and carry me through them (Thank you, Daddy Lord, for doing that! You are so good and kind to me!). Sometimes I feel like a real social misfit, just like one church website I read said:  

-------------------------
"Ever feel like a character from Rudolph’s Island of Misfit Toys? Feel like an outsider who often finds yourself living on the margins, chronically misunderstood by all the other toys who aren’t on Misfit Island?

We want to belong but a lot of the time, we feel like a jack-in-the-box named “Charlie”.  We get pushed to the margins. Not quite in. Not quite out. Sort of in “no man’s land”.

Let’s discover some truths which not only make being a misfit toy in the Kingdom of God more bearable, but actually beautiful and encouraging, because people who understand they are misfit toys might just be Jesus’ favorite kind of people."
-----------------------
I had to read these Bible verses to understand what a PECULIAR person meant according to the dictionary and the Bible! And the hardest thing then is, is learning to EMBRACE my peculiarity because I AM HIS! AMEN?
1. I'M THANKFUL I'M GOD'S TREASURED POSSESSION! 


Exodus 19:5, KJV. = Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
2. I'M THANKFUL GOD HAS CHOSEN ME!
Deuteronomy 14:2, KJV. = For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.
3.  I'M THANKFUL THAT THE LORD FRANKLY ADMITS, AFFIRMS, TAKES RESPONSIBLITY FOR, AND GIVES AN 100% GUARANTEE THAT I'M HIS! HE ACTUALLY WANTS ME!
Deuteronomy 26:18, KJV. = And the Lord hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments


4. I'M THANKFUL HE REDEEMED ME FROM SIN AND PURIFIED ME SO I COULD BECOME HIS! 



Titus 2:14, KJV. = Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.



5. I'M GRATEFUL FOR I AM A CHOSEN, ROYAL, HOLY, PECULIAR DAUGHTER OF THE KING! AMEN! ♕


1 Peter 2:9, NJV = But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light!
-------------------------

2. Good Health  -- My life is far from perfect and I'm amazed that I find myself drawn to my gratitude blog to make myself feel better when I'm blue.  I recently have had two sleep studies and will probably have to have a c-pap machine. sigh! And this week finds me battling cellulitis in my right foot. But I am thankful for doctors and antibiotics! 
------------------------
3. God's Gonna Fix It = I'm thankful for my cousin's rendition of this song. 
-----------------------
4. Yay! 3 Pounds Lighter = Visited the doctor for my follow-up this afternoon and when we came out of the building to get back into the pick-up, we discovered we had a really flat tire. I am so thankful for the guy in scrubs who came by and helped my husband change the tire. He went above and beyond his duties as medical personnel to assist us. Didn't catch his name, but God knows who he is and I'm asking God to bless him today!
------------------------
5. Happy Birthday, Dear! = Sir D, my husband's birthday is today! I'm so thankful that God brought us together 36 years ago on a blind date! 👑

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).