Many of you know that I received a "polio" style brace and shoe for my developing drop foot in March and I've been refashioning my wardrobe to go with it. Because the whole enchilada cost us so much (almost a $1000), when it began to develop problems, I knew I was in trouble.
First, I got my brace caught on the corner end of a church pew so that the toe end of the shoe sole popped open and began yelling at me, "HEY! Are you trying to rip your leg off?" I was returning to the pew after communion and I have never been able to accurately ascertain where body parts are in relation to things around me, hence damage to body parts. grin!
Next, the toe sides seams were coming apart near the end of the shoe on the inside of the foot. They weren't actually sewn together there, even though it appeared to be so. I guess the Velcro closure on that side was putting extra pressure on the glue holding the layers together.
And, then, when I sat on my lift chair wearing the brace, I could sometimes feel my toes swelling (the end of my toes rest against the end of shoe inside with no room to spare) and the shoe leather pressed on the outside corner of my big toe which hurt like an ingrown toenail. Some of you who have experienced that kind of pain will understand what a pain that is! grin!
Well, my technician said to come back in anytime I had trouble with the shoe and/or brace. I asked him if I should make an appointment for that and he said no, just walk in, so that's what we did yesterday morning.
Because my male technician was busy with another patient, a woman technician saw to me, reviewed the shoes, and got me squared away. She's ordering new shoes, 1/2 size larger, that should come in two weeks and it will take them 2 or 3 days to put my brace into the sole of the new pair and IT WON'T COST ME A THING since the shoes were covered by the warranty! Yippee! Thank you Jesus. Woo Hoo!