Search This Blog

January 14, 2019

A Cheerful Heart is Good Medicine

My doctor is directing me towards compiling a book of the good (part of gratitude) this year. I'm in the process of getting a composition book ready by edging the pages with wide washi tape to not only make it pretty, but to give the edges some strength and skinny washi tape will divide the days. I'm supposed to write down one good thing that happens to me everyday (it's like taking my medicine every night) or something that brings me joy. Then I'm to add doodles, stickers, etc. that I like to look at and most of you already know some of my likes - Mary Engelbreit, doilies, tea, gingerbread, ice cream, retro, sunflowers, cherries, honey, scallops, etc.. I can add scripture cause she knows my faith is important to me and family memories that brings me joy. 

I used this verse a couple of weeks ago in a post - "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2. As she explained the project, this verse came to mind. 

I've already have written down these scriptures in the first week of January = 

As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man - (Proverbs 27:19) The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart - (Luke 6:45). 

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. (Proverbs 4:23). 


A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (Proverbs 17:22). 


A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartaches crushes the spirit. (Proverbs 15:13) 


All the days of the oppressed are wretched, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast. (Proverbs 15: 15)

And a quote that I wrote down last year will also make it into my JOY JOURNAL. 

"When Satan huffs and puffs and tries to blow out the flame of your joy, you have an endless supply of kindling in the word of God." (John Piper). 

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. (Philippians 4:8). 


a first page spread with a 2019 calendar on the left side and a doodled and water-colored title sheet on the right - JANUARY JOY


I'm using odds & ends of cut-outs from used envelopes, food packaging, old calendars, project life cards I found on clearance, stamping, stickers, washi tape, etc. to decorate the sides of my journal. I've already made an oops! on this page about three times in the same place and I'm reminded that oopsies are creative opportunities! Right? 😁

I'm behind as usual, but I'm thankful I've gotten this much done so far and I'm working on decorating and adding in the next two weeks worth of good joys! 

2 comments:

  1. I used to mage the healthy banana cookies for my kids! I admire your gratitude journal, lots If creativity. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).