Search This Blog

June 03, 2013

A Gratitude Banner

Gratitude (noun). 1. A feeling of deep appreciation. 2. A positive emotion that involves a desire to thank another.

 
It's amazing what I have come across since I began recording my gratitudes. It seems like I'm zeroing in on the subject. J  This banner is called "Definition Wall Art" and is designed by Lisa Bearnson & Becky Higgins. The packaging says it is meant to display meaningful words and bring inspiration when you hang one of their six canvas banners in your favorite room or craft space. The "gratitude" banner is 36" long x 15" wide.
 
Most churches I have attended have testimonies sometime during their morning worship service, but our home church has made it a gratitude time. Our focus is to testify to God's goodness in our lives and express appreciation for others who have blessed us during the week. It reminds me of the pastor who wrote a "Happiness Is" column in the church newsletter each month in the church I grew up in.

1. So today, I want to express appreciation for my church -- the one I grew up in and the one I attend now.
2. I want to thank my heavenly Father for all the hardworking Sunday School teachers and youth leaders I had while growing up in church, at summer camp, at youth convention, retreats, during campmeeting and college chapel. God knows who they are even if I don't remember all of them. J
3. I'm so grateful my hubbin surprises me from time to time and makes the bed!
4. I'm thankful for those people who are taking the time to read my posts. Perhaps in time I can get a few of the bashful ones to come post their gratitudes too!
5. I’m thankful for the radio when the TV remote control goes on the blink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).