Search This Blog

June 25, 2014

Gratitude is Contagious

I was reading my Facebook news feed the other day and it was just oozing with negativity. Since I've begun this gratitude journal, I've become more aware of the non-affirmative emotions. Even the Christians were down on somebody or something. I finally had to stop and say something. I am rarely ever critical of other's actions online, but I guess I woke some folks up! I asked if anyone had something they were grateful for or some joy in their life that they could share with everybody!
See, one person can make a difference in people's lives, just as Jesus did in mine, for it sparked several grass roots efforts to pass on lighter fare, one of which I'm participating in called the "Pay It Forward Initiative." So far three people have said "I'm in" on my wall.
 
 

One person said they were not going to pass along so many political statements and another decided to begin posting one thing she appreciated for 100 days (#100happydays) with her three daughters and her best girlfriends.
 
This reminded me of a song we used to sing called "Pass It On" by Kurt Kaiser.

It only takes a spark to get a fire going,
And soon all those around can warm up in its glowing;
That's how it is with God's love, once you've experienced it
You spread His love to everyone, you want to pass it on.

What a wondrous time is spring-when all the trees are budding,
The birds begin to sing, the flowers start their blooming;
That's how it is with God's love, once you experienced it,
You want to sing, it's fresh like spring, you want to pass it on.
 
I wish for you, my friend, this happiness that I've found--
You can depend on Him, it matters not where you're bound,
I'll shout it from the mountain top, I want my world to know,
The Lord of love has come to me, I want to pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).