Search This Blog

November 07, 2014

Two Thanksgiving Acrostics

I've been noticing that people have been typing in "thanksgiving poems" into my search engine, so I am going to give you two today. Hope you can use them and that they will be a blessing to you.
~~ <> @ <> ~~
Thanksgiving ABC's
Author Unknown.

Although things are not perfect
Because of trial or pain
Continue in thanksgiving
Do not begin to blame.
Even when times are hard
Fierce winds are bound to blow
God is forever able
Hold on to what you know.
Imagine life without His love
Joy would cease to be
Keep thanking Him for all the things
Love imparts to thee.
Move out of "Camp Complaining."
No weapon that is known
On earth can yield the power
Praise can do alone
Quit looking at the future
Redeem the time at hand
Start every day with worship
To "thank" is a command.
Until we see Him coming
Victorious in the sky.
We'll run the race with gratitude
EXalting God most high.
Yes, there'll be good times and yes, some will be bad, but. . .
Zion waits in glory. . . where none are ever sad!
 
~~ <> @ <>~~
 
My Thanksgiving List: "Intangibles"
By Linda Sebatke
Thankfulness: God convinced me several years ago that He could begin turning a marriage around if one person was thankful instead of critical. I'm so thankful He showed me the power of thankfulness.
Hungering after Christ and His goodness that He placed in me until I had to get into His Word.
Accountability: He's given me Christian friends who will know me and hold me accountable for doing what He challenges me to do.
Needs: My needs are being met by God or being used by Him to change me.
Knowledge of Him that He allows me to have, and knowledge of His working in others' hearts.
Sheep that stray and are drawn back to the Good Shepherd. Thank you, Lord.
Guilt: My guilt has been taken away by Jesus' blood. I appreciate the joy and freedom of forgiveness because I no longer experience the bondage of guilt.
Infirmities that are used to teach me about His upholding power, allowing me to experience His strength through my weakness.
Victories that I realized I was incapable of!
Interceding that is done on my behalf by friends and by the very Spirit of God.
Nothing can separate me from the love of God -- "Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation." (Romans 8:38-39)
Good work that God has begun in me and has promised to perfect.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).