Search This Blog

November 26, 2014

The Thanksgiving Tree

Bob Evans' $1.00 leaf for the Thanksgiving Tree.
All monies raised goes to feed the hungry through the Salvation Army.
Gifts
By Mamie Ozburn Odum (d. 1975)
Newton County, Georgia's officially appointed poet laureate

Give thanks for every sunset,
For flowers on the hill,
For silver moonlight overhead,
For songs of whippoorwills.

Give thanks for friends and neighbors,
For the laughter of a child,
For family life and hearthstones,
For weather, brisk or mild.

Give thanks for all gifts given,
For home and family ties,
For mother's love and father's care,
For leaders strong and wise.

Give heartfelt thanks--be grateful
For all that you possess,
And when, each year, you gather
Give thanks you've been so blessed.

~~ <> @ <> ~~
 
Something to Be Thankful For
Bob Evans' Thanksgiving Tree, Belton, MO.
 
By Clara J. Denton

I'm glad that I am not today
A chicken or a goose,
Or any other sort of bird
That is of any use.

I rather be a little girl,
Although 'tis very true,
The things I do not like at all,
I'm often made to do.

I rather eat some turkey than
To be one, thick and fat,
And so, with all my heart, today,
I'll thankful be for that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).