Search This Blog

April 19, 2015

Do You Have an Encouragement Ministry?

"and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word." ~ Acts 6:4
 
 
This is the book I was actually looking for at the library. I have read this one and it inspired me to write some of my own devotions, which I have shared on my craft blog.  Anyway, this book is called "Pages of Faith: The Art of Spiritual Scrapbooking." By Sharon Sheridan. Morehouse Publishing, New York, 2007. It would be good to read it again!

 
Here are some "Pass It On Message cards" from a couple of Christian bookstores. Remember the ones we visited in Belton and Olathe, Donna? These are from a company called Universal Designs.
 

 
These little cards were made by J-Mar, which merged with Universal Designs. They are bigger than the cards above, more like regular trading card size.

This cross poem comes with a little metal cross. It's published by Swanson.  My hubby found this one in the Christian bookstore also. The cross is made to be carried in your pocket to remind you who you belong to. 



But I found this box of quotes and scriptures at the thrift store, which could be sent to friends also in need of a little encouragement. They are by Honor Gift out of Tulsa, OK. I could not find this company online. And speaking of teachers. Teacher Appreciation week is coming up as school begins to wind down for the school year. Have you thought of sending an appreciation gift to your child's teacher?
 
 
I have another gratitude today! Okay, so it might be a little bit of a brag! *smile* We received the Missouri State Genealogical Association Journal in the mail today and they published an extract article that I typed up called "Missouri Sunday School News" that was originally published in 1922. They also published a Query for me. I want information on my 3rd great-grandparents, Elder Martin & Kiturah Ann Fletcher White from local newspaper articles from that time period that mention one or the other of my 3rd great-grandparents.  I found that Martin had coast to coast coverage in the news -- from New York to California, but I haven't found too many articles from papers near where he lived. I know there were some as I tracked down their names and when they were being published by reading the county history books, but I don't know though if copies of the local papers are still available as several places, like the courthouse, burned during the Civil War. Hopefully, my query will answer that question.
 
God has answered so many of my prayers for information. Led me to the right people and new-to-me cousins. My grandmother researched her White family for 28 years and I took up where she left off, after she asked me to continue researching him. I have found much new information and have rediscovered the information she found, in order to cite the sources.  
 
 
You all have a good SONDAY, you hear?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).