Search This Blog

April 12, 2015

The Little Things

The Lord said, "Go out and stand
on the mountain in the presence of the Lord,
for the Lord is about to pass by.
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart
and shattered the rocks before the Lord,
but the Lord was not in the wind.
After the wind there was an earthquake,
but the Lord was not in the earthquake.
After the earthquake came a fire,
but the Lord was not in the fire.
And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
~ 1 Kings 19:11-12

 
During praise in small groups tonight, I reminded my hubbin he could give praise for something that happened to him today. He was embarrassed to give thanksgiving for a coupon that someone had left on a product he picked up at the grocery for our dinner today. But he recognized the goodness of it enough to tell me about it at home. I told him it was the little things that are often overlooked that we should give praise for, for if we don't recognize the small random acts of kindnesses (RAK),  we're missing a whole world of additional blessings.
 
And speaking of blessings, it just blows my mind that I have faithful blog readers from all over the world like Australia, Belarus, China, France, Germany, India, Malaysia, Poland,  Russia, the Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and  the USA! *smile* I don't usually look at my blog stats, but recognizing that the second anniversary of this gratitude blog has come to pass, I peeked into them and wrote down the posts you readers have visited the most. I've had my ups and downs this year and have struggled to write weekly. Not all of my posts have been  Pullitzer Prize worthy, but I can tell that this exercise is changing my family and I for the better.
 
1.) A Sign
 
 
 
 
 
 
7.) Shorty
 
 
 
 
Thank you, Jesus, for helping me recognize both the big and  little blessings in life!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).