Search This Blog

September 28, 2016

I Was Amazingly Created, Thanks to God!

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully made;
your works are wonderful . . .
~ Psalm 139:13-14.
 
 

At the moment I was conceived, I was miraculously primed for the following:  
 
 
a thinking brain. Sometimes it goes on automatic pilot, but it's still the organ, according to doctors, that may think up to 30 to 40 thoughts a minute. I'm thankful I can reason.
 
 
a beating heart. It beats 100,000 times and pumps around 7,571 liters of blood through my body every day! I am grateful for my heart!
 
 
bones and marrow; legs and arms. The Bible says that God made the first man in his likeness (Genesis 1:26) from the dust of the ground (Genesis 2:7) and his woman helper (Genesis 2:18) was made from his rib bone (Genesis 2:22) which had nestled close to his heart under the protection of his arms. I sure enjoy those ticklish rib bones in my man! grin! Thank you, Lord, for my man's bones!
 
 
a digestive system. My body produces both acid and alkaline substances. One dissolves the food I chomp every day into basic elements that my cells can absorb in order to function and the other coats the lining of my stomach as a barrier to prevent the acid from dissolving it too. I'm grateful for my gallbladder, intestines, liver, stomach, and teeth.
 
 
two eyelids,  eyeballs and optic nerves. God provided protection for my eyeballs with eyelids that blink about 29,000 times a day to distribute tears that wash away the dust that the hair in my eyebrows and eyelashes wasn't able to fully filter.  I'm thankful I can see!
 
 
hair. The Bible says that the hair on my head are all numbered. (Matthew 10:30a). That includes the hair on top and all around, in my ears and nose, over my eyes and mouth, and under my chinny-chin-chin. I'm thankful it grows on top. Think of how many childhood scissor or gum disasters that have finally grown out! grin!
 
 
two kidneys and a bladder. I've heard that if you aren't born with a bladder, you won't survive birth for more than a few minutes. The kidneys filter blood and the bladder, as a holding tank, flushes toxins and excess waste out, about 1.4 liters of fluid. I'm most grateful for clean water to make delicious drinks like sweet tea to replenish it every day!
 
 
an immunity and lymphatic system. My heart not only pumps  blood, but also a nourishing fluid filled with enzymes and white blood cells that attack germs and cancer causing cells. I'm thankful for good health!
 
 
a multi-purpose mouth. With it, I can barf, breathe, burp, drink, drool, eat, kiss, suck, talk and taste with it! Thank you, Lord, for your wisdom in designing my mouth!
 
 
a nose and two lungs. Scientists say I take in about 17,000 aromatic breaths a day without thinking about it. I'm grateful for my ventilation system!
 
 
skin. God gift wrapped a package of organs for me. He saw to it that it refreshes itself automatically by shedding old skin cells, a staggering million everyday, regenerates more, and patches holes, and prevents most bacteria and bugs from entering his precious child. Thank you, Lord, for your gift!
 
 
sweat glands. The food and fluid I eat and drink helps to provide energy for my body which in turns produces heat which helps my body to function. I put off excess heat through the fluid that comes out of my sweat glands. You know, the old saying, horses sweat, men perspire and women glow! I'm thankful for  soap and antiperspirant! grin!
 
 
If you don't think you see miracles these days, look at yourself in a mirror or at a new baby. We are each living, breathing, created miracles of God! He don't make no junk!
 
 
Every day I will praise you!
~ Psalm 145:2a
 



1 comment:

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).