Search This Blog

February 07, 2018

We Thank God

"How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?" ~ 1Thessalonians 3:9


1. Standards = I live under the standard - "W.W. J. D.?" ⛨ I grew up reading "In His Steps" By Rev. Charles Sheldon. Both my  paternal grandmother and my husband's paternal grandmother had copies of his book. It inspired me to write Rev. Sheldon's biography here. (Side note: I just noticed today that he could be a doppelganger for Dr. Phil. What do you think?)


2. Iron Sharpening Iron -- Mark Lowry said he's been getting ideas of what to be grateful for from some of the comments under his videos on Facebook and YouTube. On one of his videos I said I was grateful to live in the HEART of America! smile! 💝

3. US National Handwriting Day! -- It seems I have missed a holiday in January. instituted in honor of John Hancock's birthday on January 23 (1737). I have a gratitude that I wrote sometime ago about scribblers and I'm thankful I know how to write Jesus' name in block lettering and in cursive, not to mention I'm thankful I was able to take some of Stephanie Ackerman's online doodle classes, a component of which is showing us how she writes. However, now you can purchase her NEW book and get the same instruction in handwriting that was in her online workshops. 

4. Attitude of Gratitude video -- This video popped up in line after I watched Mark Lowry's video this morning. Sr. (Sister) Donata Farbaniec , a Polish nun, was speaking at the St. John Paul II National Shrine in Washington DC. on the attitude of gratitude. She is a Daughter of the King too and afterwards I left a comment: "Thank you, Sister, for the inspiring words -- I especially understood the term "wooden lips" as it's sometimes tough to praise God, but I am beginning to look for the good in the dark valleys of my life. " In my mind's eye, I could just "see" me walking hand in hand with Jesus as I listened to her. She told a story about praising God with "wooden lips" from her own life and a similar story of my own experience came to mind.

Both a friend and I were enjoying a visit together in the car so much that she "forgot" to turn off at an exit. When she noticed that we had missed our turn, she remarked, "Well, perhaps we were meant to miss that turn. Maybe the Lord meant for us to enjoy our fellowship with each other so much that I "absentmindedly" missed it because he was protecting us from an accident that could have happened had we gone that way." You know it's possible and I have never forgotten this friend's words. 

5. Gratitude Journaling = One thing that has been helping me write my gratitude's, is to open a draft post on this blog and save it to my dashboard, then writing in things I find during the week to be thankful for. If you don't blog or have a website, then you might not understand the inner workings of software-land, but you can translate it into hardware. Keep a small spiral bound blank book/journal close by your comfortable chair or in your pocket and scribble into it the good things you are grateful for. If I don't write it down right when I'm thinking of it, I forget it sometimes. Also write in any thankful scriptures you run across or quotes you might find in your reading that pertains to gratitude and thankfulness. Even write down illustrations of that -- like the Pilgrim's first Thanksgiving. Then come and share it with me down in the comments! 

I watched one of Stephanie's videos again last night. I think somewhere on this blog I mentioned it appeared as though she was writing a commentary. Perhaps it's a commentary and a quote-book in one -- things she wants re-read to remember.

6. Food Adjustment = Amazing, isn't it? No. 6! I watched a video last night of a so-called "Nutritional Doctor." I didn't hold with everything this "doctor" said, however, there was one thing that I latched onto since I'm in the process of adjusting my diet. This person said to see how many different fruits and vegetables you can find in one year's time, eat one cup of it (no dipping your toes in with 1 bite), and record it somewhere by either listing it or gluing a picture down on a sheet of paper and posting on your frig or gluing pictures on a placemat and when the placemat is full, laminating it, or in a notebook. So for my list here on Pinterest this morning, I'm thankful I have two things I can record! I ate a banana and a handful of raisins in my nuked oatmeal! I haven't found a cold cereal yet in our local grocery store that doesn't contain some sort of refined sugar.  (Pssst! Side note: I wonder how many fruits and vegetables are mentioned in the Bible? Anybody know?)

+ = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = 

"By their fruit you will recognize them.
Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles?"~ Matthew 7:16


= + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + =
This Morning's Cooked Oatmeal Recipe: 1 3/4 cups water, 1 cup quick oatmeal, 1 handful of raisins, 1 peeled and sliced banana in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir to mix and nuke in the microwave 2 minutes. Remove and add a little milk (and add two teaspoons of stevia if not sweet enough for your taste), stir, eat and enjoy! 
= + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = + = 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).