Search This Blog

February 19, 2018

With Thankfulness

"If I take part in the meal with thankfulness why am I denounced because of something I thank God for? So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~ 1 Corinthians 10: 30-31. 

1. Words of Affirmation = Are one of the ways of showing emotional love to another person and building a person up. This is where gratitude comes in at -- telling others thank you. The webpage at the end of the link speaks of spouses, but this also works for other relationships because, according to Dr. Gary Chapman, possibly the deepest human need is the need to feel appreciated.


2. ATC Club -- Mark Lowry said something yesterday about doing something fun! It's been awhile since I've done something different from the usual routine. It's been half-a-year since I went to ATC club and I'm thankful I was able to go and that somebody was there to swap and craft with. The weatherman has been doing his best to see that we get some winter snow/ice storms sent our way! smile!👼 


3. Oh, and speaking of crafting = have you noticed the little doodles I've been adding to my posts? I'm practicing what Stephanie has been teaching through the online classes and in her book. I've always have had the hardest time drawing feathers -- I feel almost dyslexic as I've never been able to draw the feather barb's right (vocabulary from Wikipedia). But I followed Stephanie's drawings step by step and finally, success!  Thank you, Stephanie, for those examples in your book


4. Thank you, God, for an answer to a prayer through scripture! = "He who listens to you listens to me; he who rejects you rejects me; but he who rejects me rejects him who sent me. . . Rejoice that your name is written in heaven!" ~ Luke 10: 16, 20b.


5. Lifestyle Change (4 weeks so far) = Mom took me out for lunch Valentine's Day (I was good and only ate cantaloupe and grapes for dessert)  and shopping. Thanks mom! And then I came home to a goodie bag -- Thanks Debbie -- and my sweetie also gave me a card and a bag of Russell Stover Sugar Free Pecan Delight (I only ate one Pecan Delight candy, as I've had my experience with sugar free candies before, although this one was sweetened with stevia, I was still careful, but oh, it was so GOOD!)  Thanks, Dear! 
Sorry, I don't have a recipe for you this week as I'm still tweaking some to our taste, but I have found these products fall within my new eating habit = did you know that Ocean-Spray has 100% Juice with No Sugar Added. I especially enjoyed the Cranberry-Blueberry Juice this week. Also Mott's has unsweetened applesauce. And Polaner All Fruit Spreadable Fruit is only sweetened with Fruit Juice. 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I was checking constanttly this blog and
    I am impressed! Very useful nfo specially the last part :) I care for such information a lot.
    I was looking for this particular information for a very
    long time. Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).