Search This Blog

July 19, 2015

A Mother's Prayer

I was reviewing some of my poetry tonight and found one that I'm going to share with you. I wrote it while homeschooling our son. Writing it was therapeutic because we were having some hard times then. I hope it blesses you as much as it did me.

~~ <> @ <> ~~

A Mother's Prayer
By Mrs. Dolores J. Rush

Yea, I am the mother of an ADD child
Daily, I practice tough love
I shall not want to
Strangle that stubborn little neck,
But guide him towards paths of
Righteousness. To you, Lord.
Even though I walk through
The shadow of the Valley of
Weary Resignation
(Am I getting through to him??)
I will fear no hopeless situations
For you art with us;
Your presence and your arms comfort me.
And even though I walk through
The valley of the shadow of
Governmental “social reformers”
I will fear no evil
For you art with us.
You prepare a table of Joy
In the presence of my enemies
You annoint my head with wisdom.
My cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love follow me
As I try to follow you all the days of my life.
(Oh, for your stamina to live through today. . .)
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Thank you, Lord, for your provision of grace. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).