Search This Blog

October 01, 2015

Great Nephew's Appreciation Video

"Then he [Manasseh] restored the altar of the Lord and sacrificed fellowship offerings
and thank offerings on it,
and told Judah to serve the Lord, the God of Israel." ~ 2 Chronicles 33:16

1. I'm thankful that I can ask my brothers and sisters in Christ for supporting prayer and that Stephanie Ackerman felt free to  ask us Documented Faith followers this week for prayer, which I was only too happy to oblige.
2. Princess Sister brought us beets and potatoes to eat and they were very good. And another Sister brought tomatoes to share. I'm grateful for generous hearts.

3. I'm grateful for a reminder today about the purpose of Corrie ten Boom's life. She was a courageous Dutch Christian woman who survived  one of the cruelest Nazi concentration camps during World War II. She and her sister, Betsie, were sent to Ravensbruck because her family provided sanctuary for Jews from the Nazis. I remember reading books like The Hiding Place and Tramp for the Lord. Betsie, with the grace of God, helped her to see that she could be grateful in the midst of their terrible circumstances for things like vermin, because the bugs in her barracks kept the Nazis away, so they were able to hold Bible studies twice a day where many women found salvation in Christ. Corrie said that while they were unpleasant, God could even use fleas and lice for his purpose!  She was such an inspiration to me! 
4. I'm grateful for opportunities to PRACTICE my paper crafting and coloring skills with Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. It's a good prod to get me going! I'll be sharing what I color on my craft blog if you want to take a peek.

5. And I'm so proud of my great-nephew. He made a nifty appreciation video about one of  his teachers for a scholarship contest. As part of the contest, if you think he did well, please "Like" it. At the end of the contest, the one with the most "likes" wins a scholarship and the teacher will receive a prize too -- something useful for her classroom! Thank you, in advance, if you decide to participate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).