Search This Blog

February 20, 2017

My Thanks for Others

By Margaret Rorke

O Lord, how very much I owe
To others whom You've let me know
And so from day to day --
The young, the old, the in-between
Who make an entrance in the scene
In which I'm called to play.

Another's sweet, approving smile
Can make my efforts seem worthwhile
And crown my will to try.
Encouragement another speaks
Is oft the spur my spirit seeks
Though not quite knowing why.

And, yes, I'm grateful too
For those who have a dimmer view
Of me and my poor part,
Because they challenge me to test
What's truly noble, pure, and best
Within my mind and heart.

I often wonder how I'd be
Without the folks surrounding me --
My vital, living hymn.
That's why I pause to give this prayer
To You it pleased to put them there.
I thank you, Lord, for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).