Search This Blog

January 12, 2018

She Gave Thanks to God

"Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem!" ~ Luke 2:38.

1. I'm thankful for good health during the flu season! Heard a newscaster say last night, "If you are sick, STAY HOME! Nobody else wants it!" I'll thank you for not infecting me! 

2. I ain't thankful so much for vertigo, however it makes me thankful for balance when it  ain't present. There is another type of balance that's good and it is. . ."All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." 

3. I'm so thankful that I ran across Mark Lowry's new YouTube videos series: An Attitude of Gratitude! He is posting a video everyday with something he is thankful for and I've watched him post one everyday, even on one day when he wasn't wearing his thinking cap that early in the morning! smile! Come join us. I've got to see this process! I clicked on the little bell next to his little subscribe button box and this morning's post showed up in my email right as rain. 

If you don't know about Mark Lowry, he's got ADD too! Plus, he's a Christian writer, comedian (he's like a breath of fresh air cause we have a brand of humor that not everyone understands), and co-wrote one of my favorite Christmas songs "Mary, Did You know?" We embraced him after our family was diagnosed with ADD and our son wore out the CD that has his "Every Teacher Knows My Name" song on it. Thank you, Darla, (green jacket) for telling us about Mark! 


4. I'm so thankful for those transcribers who can read the old handwriting script and translate records into typewritten format for me. Makes my genealogical research so much easier, especially if I can find the same online! 

5. I'm thankful for humor! For when I fall down, I can laugh about it like Abraham:


"Abraham fell facedown; he laughed. . . " Genesis 17:17 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).