Search This Blog

March 13, 2019

Positivity Journal: Love February!



CARDS ~ one from my honey for Valentine's Day and another from one of my sisters of my heart who lives across the pond in merry old England! 

COMMENTARY ~ My thoughts ~ Daddy God is bigger and better than my earthly Father ever was. He is full of goodness!

DEFINITION OF A GOOD WORD! 

Kindness ~ the quality of being friendly, generous and considerate. Kindness is a behavior marked by ethical characteristics, a pleasant disposition, and concern and consideration for others. It is considered a virtue and is recognized as a value in many cultures and religions.

FAVORITE MOVIES & TV shows!

Anne of Green Gables (with Megan Follows)
Cinderella
Heidi
Little House on the Prairie
My Fair Lady (w/ Audrey Hepburn)
Pollyanna
Sound of Music (w/ Julie Andrews)
The King and I (w/ Yul Brynner)
The Walton's

GRATEFUL FOR...

Indoor Plumbing that works! 

I'm thankful for my sisters of my heart and the homeschooling mom gang! 😇

GOOD MEMORIES! 


I married someone who reminded me of my Papa U. I knew I was loved by my grandparents. I wanted someone just like Papa and I got my sweetie!

My husband and I met on a blind date, got engaged in Venture Discount cafeteria while I was on break, and we've been married for 36 years!


When I was growing up, we lived 20 miles from the church we attended, so we spent a lot of time in the car traveling back and forth as my mother was the church organist. One of our favorite things to occupy our time was to sing songs. 

I remember my little brother chiming in with "Praise Ye the Lord!" to us sister's beginning the chorus "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah."

We memorized a lot of simple choruses like "This is the Day that the Lord has made" (comes from Psalm 118:24) or "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice" (sung as a round)

Or my mother would sometimes sing songs to us like: You are my Sunshine, How Much is that Doggie in the Window, or a Peanut Sitting on the Railroad Track, His heart was all a flutter..."  

I remember traveling to my grandparents one Christmas vacation and looking up through our station wagon window at a conjunction of two planets that made a huge "star" in the night sky. I remember the radio station DJ making a comment about the Christmas star that the wise men followed to Bethlehem. 

Blessed to know Edna Thimes, a missionary nurse to Kenya, Africa! 

In honor of my husband's birthday, we invited my mother out to eat at a new Cracker Barrel restaurant! The next day, my husband's parents, his two sisters, one of their husbands, a niece and our son helped celebrate his birthday at another Cracker Barrel restaurant across town! 😊

A GOOD MORNING PRAYER from Hope4theBrokenHearted.com

GOOD QUOTES AND SAYINGS! 

Collect moments, not things.

Count Your Blessings not your heartaches.


"Creativity is a God-given ability to take something ordinary and make it into something special. It is an openness to doing old things new ways...The creative spirit is part of our heritage as children of the One who created all things. Nurturing our creativity is part of our responsibility as stewards of God's good gifts." ~ Emily Barnes, The Spirit of Loveliness. 

"Don't let fear make your decisions." ~ Stephanie Ackerman.

 Find your happiness. Go there often. 

"Grief can get along by itself just fine. But joy needs to be shared." ~ Mark Twain (one of the outsider artist,  John Vonderlin's heroes). 

Just remember you're blessed beyond measure. Every single day is a day you should treasure.

GOOD  SCRIPTURES!


Genesis 1:27, 31 ~ God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them...God saw all that he had made, and it was very good! 

Genesis 50:20 ~ You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives

Joshua 1:9 ~ Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord is with you wherever you go." (Documented Faith).

Psalm 27:13 ~ I remain confident of this, I will see the Goodness of the Lord. 

Proverbs 11:27 ~ He who seeks good finds goodwill...

Proverbs 24:3-4 ~ By wisdom a house is built and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.

Isaiah 14:27 ~ For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back? 

Jeremiah 9:25 ~ but let the one who boasts, boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight." declares the Lord. 

Lamentations 3:22-23 ~ Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to wake up!

Nahum 1:7 ~ The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. 

John 11: 13 ~ Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. (Documented Faith) 


Romans 8:28 ~ "And we know in all things God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to his purpose.

Colossians 3:10 ~ As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, cloth yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 

Colossians 4:6 ~ Let your conversation be always FULL OF GRACE seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.


1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 ~ Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.

1 John 3:1 ~ How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 

= + = + = + = + = + =

You are invited to see my new video for this month. It is called a Positivity Journal: February Love 2019 and it has been added to a new playlist. Enjoy! 


4 comments:

  1. Hello .... I just learned about your wonderful blog through your post in the "Need a Poem?" thread on SCS. I plan to visit your blog often to read more of the inspiring scripture verses and poems that you share. I'm sure that our thankful, grateful hearts please our Lord immensely! Bless you for sharing these beautiful and uplifting thoughts with your readers. I would like to leave the following inspiring poem for you (I use it in my card-making when I use a bird image):

    Said the Robin to the Sparrow:
    "I should really like to know
    Why these anxious human beings
    Rush about and worry so."

    Said the Sparrow to the Robin:
    "Friend, I think that it must be,
    That they have no Heavenly Father,
    Such as cares for you and me."
    ~ Elizabeth Cheney ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you RitaR for reading my request, for visiting my blog today, and for sharing your poem. I enjoyed seeing my surname in the 4th line! smile! I hope you shared the poem with the readers of my Poem thread as well on Splitcoast Stampers. Blessings!

      Delete
  2. I also just saw your post on SCS so I decided to come and visit with you. Lots of neat things to explore here...I'll be back again later (with hopefully a poem to share...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, Thank you for your visit. Hope you will also share on my thread at Splitcoast as well as with me.

      Delete

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).