Search This Blog

October 15, 2019

Thank God It's Friday!

Big Lot's - Grateful wreath




DIE-TO-SELF 

I just realized today that we don't diet - we make a lifestyle change and die-to-self -- less of what I want in the present that may have bad consequences down the line for me.  And to obtain good health -- emotionally, physically, and spiritually -  I practice self-control that God can help me with IF I let him give me wisdom and discernment about my food choices. I've begun a food YouTube playlist - the link to it is over on the side menu. I've been trying out some of the recipes, like the yummy sauce. YUM! And the holidays are coming up which is a difficult time of the year for many, including myself. Here's a video on how to wisely curb some those overwhelming sugar cravings. Good tips! 

1 Corinthians 10:31 = So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

And you have to try this recipe if you want "chocolate (carob) fudge" again! Oh, yum! Many of the new recipes I've been trying suggest using parchment paper instead of spray oil and since I'm thrifty, I've been looking for a substitute. I found one -- a silicone sheet to put down in your baking pans at the Dollar General. For this recipe, she suggests using an 8 x 8 inch baking pan to pour the cooked mixture into, so I folded the mat in half and pushed it down into a glass baking pan. It lifted out very easily after the "fudge" had hardened in the refrigerator and while it was in one hand, I put a plate over the carob fudge and flipped it onto the plate so I could cut it into squares. It went back into the baking dish to store in the frig as I have a lid for that dish. It's so GOOD!
-----------------
FEAR = I've dealt with fear all my life and have mentioned it in several of my posts. I've studied about it some and divide fear into three types - respectful fear (fear the Lord), survivor fear (don't touch the hot stove), and irrational fear (worry, phobias & nightmares). Most of my fears have fallen into the last category.

People tell me that I must not trust Jesus, but I do. I have more trust in him than I do this world, because I know that, thanks to Adam and Eve, there is ugly sin here because the devil tricked them. When I decided to follow Jesus, he never promised me that my life would be completely free from attacks by the wily one, the devil, and the devil is out to destroy my peace by any means necessary.  He knows that I chose to have a relationship with my friend Jesus when I was ten and the fight has been on ever since. However, Jesus did say he would be with me through it all -- the friend who just stands by. My Comforter and My Rock. 

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." ~ 1 Peter 5:8-9.

When I said, "My foot is slipping, your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. . . The Lord has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge." ~ Psalm 94: 18-19, 22.

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. ~ Matthew 28:20b. 

And did you know, that the women who visited Jesus' tomb were afraid yet filled with joy? It says so in the Bible.

So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. ~ Matthew 28:8.  

Imagine that! 
-----------------
GOOD MEMORIES: 


 FAN's

Thank You, Girlfriend! 


GRATITUDE TOOLS


"How to be More Positive. . . Even on Bad Days" video by Milk and Honey Life.  I've added this video full of great tips to my "Gratitude Tools playlist, so if you need to watch it again, it's right there on my side menu for you! 

NEW HOLIDAY!

Among Milk and Honey's tips was a challenge - I don't know if I can do this, but I'm gonna try. She challenged us to speak only positive things for ONE day. Now she didn't say not to think of negative things, cause I'm sure they will pop up in my brain, but I'm to not let it past my lip gate, so I went to put it on my calendar and realized that this month had a great day to do that. A day that normally superstitious people take to heart - one day that crops up in the calendar once in a blue moon - Friday the 13th. This day though, is going to be my new holiday -- it's going to be my POSITIVITY AND PRAISE DAY! Won't that put a crimp in the devil's glee? 😁 And if I say an oops, then I'm going to forgive and give myself some grace, then start over. 

THANKFUL FOR JACK-IN-THE-BOX TOY!

Here's where I got the idea for managing my day - I pace my day. I drink while I'm sitting down. Eventually, I will have to get up and take care of business. Afterwards, I do whatever I need to accomplish that takes standing up -- like cooking, dishes, laundry, etc. When my legs poop out, then I go sit back down. It's actually amazing what I can accomplish by taking turns sitting and standing. Thank you, Jesus, for good ideas!  

GRATEFUL FOR FRIENDS = Thank you, Lord, for the sweet fellowship of godly friends!

"The Friend Who Just Stands By" poem by Bertye Young Williams.

MY HEART QUILT
By Dolores J. Rush, 2019

The friends of my heart are like a patchwork quilt
Gathered through sixty years of life; designed with love.
They are my dearest friends; I'm rich in memories
And we are drawn together by the Creator above.

"I AM" patiently wove the fabric of our lives,
And stitched us together with golden threads that endure
While challenges have added strength
To make our friendship secure.

God pieced our hearts together into blocks
Surrounded by his grace and care
And tied it through the batting of his comfort
Into a cozy coverlet we share.

He embroidered glimmering threads across the top
And sewed on elegant lace; binding us into one.
One group composed of created people,
Made beautiful by his son.

Yes, a patchwork of people, related by affinity
Some are women and some are men.
Warm treasure from heaven this quilt--
A legacy from him.

Thank you, Jesus!
~~ <> @ <> ~~

SCRIPTURES!

1 Samuel 16:7b = The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.

Proverbs 13:20a = He who walks with the wise grows wise. . . 

Proverbs 17:17 = A friend loves at all times.

Proverbs 18:24 = There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. 

Proverbs 22:11 = One who loves a pure heart and who speaks with grace will have the king for a friend. 

Proverbs 27:9 = Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 = Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up. 

Philippians 4:1 = Therefore my brothers, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, that is how you should stand firm in the Lord, dear friends. 

1 Thessalonians 2:7-8 = We were gentle among you, like a mother caring for her little children. We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well because you had become so dear to us." 

Hebrews 6:9-10a = "Though we speak like this, dear friends we are confident of better things that accompany salvation. God is not unjust; he will not forget your work. . . "


AND QUOTES:

A woman is born with her relatives; she picks out her friends for herself. 

"Be You! The world will adjust." (Karen Burchell).

Friends are the flowers in the Garden of Life!

"Friends remind us of the things we forgot to remember." (Stephanie Ackerman).  

"It is often said you're the product of the people you spend the most time with." (Travis Bradberry)

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't than to live my life as if there is no God and die to find out there is." (Albert Camus, French philosophy author who won the Nobel Prize in literature in 1957). 

Many hands make a job light!

"People inspire you or they drain you -- pick them wisely." (Hans F. Hansen)

"We have been friends for a very long time; close and long distance, troubles, anxiety, fears, laughter, and hope. How could we not continue? (Julie L). 

When you search for ancestors -- you find great friends! 

MEMORIES:

Mom's girlfriends = she named me for one - Dolores; Alice, Anna Lou, Barb, Bea, Connie, Evelyn, Gladys, Gloria, Janet, Jeannette, June, Liz, Marsha, Mary, Ruth, Shirley

My maternal grandmother was my first friend. We were best buds and I corresponded with her during my growing up years. 

Playlist 

Youth for Christ in Kansas City, Kansas. 

~~ <> @ <> ~~
Good Friends
~ Author Unknown.

Fight for you.
Respect you.
Include you.
Encourage you.
Need you.
Delight you.
Stand by you. 


~~ <> @ <> ~~
Sisters of the Heart
~ Author Unknown



We share so much laughter

And bear each other's tears . . .
Our spiritual kinship
Will grow stronger each year . . .
We're not sisters by birth
But we've known from the start
God put us together to be
Sisters by Heart! 💖💖💖

~~ <> @ <> ~~
THINK Before You Speak
~ Author Unknown

T - Is it true?
H - Is it helpful?
I - Is it inspiring?
N - Is it necessary?
K - Is it kind? 

~~ <> @ <> ~~
Why We Need Best Friends
~ Author Unknown.

Because they laugh at the same stupid things we do.
Because they give us honest advice.
Because they will be there for us even if they're thousands of miles away.
Because they celebrate with us when we're at our best, but still love us at our worst.

God Bless Us Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).