Search This Blog

June 01, 2020

Today Is Going to Be A GOOD Day!




I've enjoyed listening to more music this month.

Nat King Cole - Smile. YouTube

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive. YouTube

A cousin's great aunt was Patti Page and I've compiled a playlist on YouTube of some of her music. YouTube. 

DOODLES: I'm continuing with Marsha Baker's 365 Day Challenge - Total this month: 35

PRAYING HANDS: Free coloring sheet here

SCRIPTURE:

Documented Faith

Isaiah 61:3 = and provide for those who grieve in Zion -- to bestow on them a  crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord from the display of  his splendor. 

Luke 6:22-23 = Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets. 

Romans 12:2 = Do not conform any longer to the pattern of the world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. 

2 Corinthians 10:4-5, 8 = The weapons we fight with have divine power to demolish strongholds. We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. . . building you up, rather than pulling you down. 

Philippians 4:8-9 = Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. 

QUOTES

"Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder." (E.B. White)

"Anger is a seed for war. Forgiveness is a seed for peace." (Eva Mozes Kor, 1934-2019. She survived the Holocaust and Hitler's hate against the Jews.) 

"Don't believe everything you think. Is it true? If not, discard it or turn it around." ANT (automatic negative thinking). (Dr. Daniel Amen).

"If you lose the argument with the voices in your head, then that's when you know you are in trouble." (Dyan Reaveley). 😊

"It is easier to keep flies out of your pantry in the summer than to keep Satan's servants from stealing your joy and infecting your peace." (William Gurnall).

Never question who God removes from your life. He heard the conversations when you weren't around. 

Talk is cheap. The best apology is changed behavior. 

WHAT MAKES ME HAPPY THROUGH MY 5 SENSES?

1. Smell - honeysuckle in bloom; jasmine in bloom; lilacs in bloom; locust trees in bloom; vanilla

2. Sound -- I miss Lily's barking at the front door when the guys got home from work; my honey saying "I Love You;" Celtic, gospel, & swing music; Patti Page's music; my guy's sense of humor

3. Taste - caramel; chai tea; cherry; cheesecake; gingersnaps; grape; honey; ice cream; mint; oatmeal & raisin cookies; pudding; strawberries; 

4. Touch - soft cotton jersey fabric, loving caresses like sign for "I Love You." Sunshine on my face; soft doggie fur.

5. Visual - flowers (the sunflower is my favorite); my favorite colors (black/white/turquoise/red/peach/pink/lime green/grey/blue); storybook cottages like those found in Mary Engelbreit cards and books; lace; black & white checks, stripes & dots. 

TUNNEL CARD: Made with Mary Engelbreit's and Dylusions Mushroom Rubber StampAnd the back is stenciled.

MEDITERRANEAN DIET:

When Doc put me on the Mediterranean Diet,  the hubs threw a fit. He said he wasn't going to eat chick-peas. However, I got him to calm down by telling him that we can still eat pizza and that we've already have tried several Mediterranean restaurants such as Nabil's on our very first date. smile! I told him to make a list of Mediterranean restaurants in the Greater Kansas City area and lets try them all at least once.

So here's my list of restaurants we've eaten at so far (before diet/after diet suggestion):

1. Carrabbas Italian Grill. We ate here last year for our son's birthday. 

2. Casey's Pizza

3.  Caspian Bistro, Overland Park, KS. (closed; husband and I celebrated our anniversary with friends there.)

4. CiCi's Pizza 

5. Domino's Pizza

6. Frank Nitti's Pizza, Kansas City, MO. (begun by actor: Bruce Gordon; closed)

7. Godfather's Pizza

8. Jerusalem Cafe

9. La Bodega (Spanish)

10. Little Caesar's Pizza

11. The Mad Greek, Lawrence, KS. 

12. Marble Top Restaurant

13. Minsky's Pizza

14. Mr. Gyro's 

15. Nabil's Mediterranean Cuisine, Kansas City, MO. (our very first date)

16. Olive Garden

17. Papa John's Pizza

18. Papa Murphy's Pizza

19. Pizza Hut

20. Pizza Street

And I don't eat sugar, so rejoice with me! My recent A1C blood work came back at 4.9. Doc said I definitely don't have diabetes! Yay! So, since I'm not eating or drinking caffeine either, I've been looking into Mediterranean herbs and discovered that thyme, hyssop and balm are in the mint family and since I like peppermint herbal tea, my hubbin ordered me a couple of boxes of the thyme and hyssop teas. They came with medical warnings on the back, so I took a couple of packets with me to my last doctor's visit and he checked them out with the school of pharmacy staff on campus and they okayed the thyme and hyssop teas in moderation -- no interaction with any of my medications, however, people who are on metformin should NOT drink balm as it can raise blood sugars. I take metformin for PCOS. 

I found a couple of websites/YouTube channels that may be helpful for the Mediterranean Diet.

1. Dimitra's Dishes. YouTube

2. From the Grapevine

3. Mediterranean Living

EVENTS: (I'm to share the good times in my life!)

I have been out a couple of times since lockdown began. Went to the doctors and went to help my mother-in-law celebrate a birthday. 

Love the blooming flowers in our garden -- dollar plants, red, white, and pink peonies, and spiderwort. 

A new book is being researched by Dr. Melisa O. Berry, a theology professor from the Northwest Christian University. Included in the book will be a story about Bertha (Wilson) Lillenas. Read part of her story here

My husband was so sweet to me this month -- I'm celebrating 🎈 that he remembered all of these occasions with a card -  Mother's Day, his mother's birthday and our anniversary! Yay!

I'm continuing to draw coloring sheets each week and am so thankful that my pastor agreed to print them out and distribute them to our congregation via snail and e-mail. One of my favorites this month was Sunbonnet Sue and Smilin' Sam paper dolls along with this verse: I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are WALKING in the truth. ~ 3 John 4. I also added a list of schools I attended either as a student or as a homeschool educator. 😁

My armchair bike tracker. Did better this month than last. Been fiddling with the playlist on YouTube

I added a new video to the Gratitude Tools Playlist. See side menu below. 

Friends come and Friends Go - Listen to Podcast - "A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime." Be thankful they were part of your life! 

YouTube Video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).