Search This Blog

June 12, 2021

Blooming With Grace!



My May Container Garden -- Following Linda Vater's (YouTube) Bucket Brigade.  
I have cucumbers, a tomato, lettuce and kale growing. 



Introduction to Joyful, by Ingrid Fetell Lee. Look her up on YouTube. She appears on many videos. Dr. Grace Ketterman, a psychiatrist I've mentioned before, said there is truth that color brings you joy, for there has been studies on it.

Here's another one that gives you food for thought. At least it did for me. Design hack: 10 joy-inducing aesthetics you should know | Ingrid Fetell Lee. 

And her website

CARD:

Friends Like Us Can Always Find Fun. Or Trouble. 

CARTOON:

We are more than Besties. She's my accomplice and I'm her alibi.

We celebrated our wedding anniversary this month! Hubbin took me to my favorite tea room to eat for lunch. I tried a new herbal tea flavor. It was so yummy! It's Raspberry Rose by Republic of Tea. 

Do you carrot all for me?
My heart beets for you,
With your turnip nose,
And your radish nose.
You are a peach,
If we cantaloupe,
Lettuce marry—
Weed make a swell pear.


AUTOGRAPH VERSES!

A MOMENT OF DELIGHT and JOY!

I took a photo of a Mama Goose waddling her way down our street with five goslings in tow. We have a small lake at the end of our road, however, I have no idea where she came from, but they were so cute and they stopped traffic. 

 GOOD MEMORIES:

My Kansas grandmother had bookshelves full of books in her living room. Most of them resided around the corners of her picture window that faced the dirt road out in front. I loved to read her missionary books. She used to make pretty wedding cakes for many of the young couples getting married in their country neighborhood and she saved that money to contribute to missions that the Church of God supported. My grandparents shopped most often in Satanta, Garden City, Liberal, and sometimes in Dodge City, Kansas, however, a lot of their dry goods came from catalogs that came in the mail or what we called wish books. I remember looking through some of them. Grandpa and later grandma kept them on a TV tray stand next to their lazy boy chair in the living room.

My Oklahoma grandparents had a wonderful postcard collection that they kept in a big shoebox upstairs in a closet in their old two story home. I loved looking through it  when they lived there. Many of the postcards were from extended family members that sent Christmas postcard greetings, vacation "wish you were here" notes, and some were postcards they had collected from gift shops while on vacation as little mementoes of their trips. Sadly, they discovered the whole collection was stolen from the old house just after they moved into their new house while they were shopping in town to pick up groceries. The closest town was 18 miles away, so the thief had plenty of time to get in, look round and take what he/she wanted. The new house was a next door neighbor to the old house on the farm. It wasn't long after that, that the old house was sold and trucked to town. In that part of the country, wood is scarce to come by for building and expensive to ship in, so houses are often lifted from their foundations and taken to a new site. I loved that old house with all the interesting nooks and crannies to explore.

My maternal and paternal first cousins' parents built their homes on my grandparents' farms. Two of my uncles decided to remain on the farm and help my grandparents farm their land, so when we went to visit, there was always two extra playmates around. I was the oldest of four, so they took equal delight in having somebody to play with also. We made the one way, 8 hour pilgrimage drive twice a year -- during summer and Christmas school vacations. 

One day, the youngest maternal cousin and I were bored and looking for something to do. She suggested that we go gather some of the rotten goose eggs from the farm pond and throw them into the farm trash dump to see what they would do. We got them and there -- I was standing behind her when suddenly she banged two of the eggs together hard and they exploded in her face. I got bits of rotten egg slime in my hair. The stench almost made her sick on the spot and we ran for our respective houses. It took us almost all afternoon of constant washing to get the smell off us. PU! 👃😝 

POEM:
Tutti-Frutti Lovesong,
by Mary Grace Dembeck.

You are my darling CUMQUAT,
Oh, you're my PEACHy pie,
I think you are the BERRIES,
The APPLE of my eye.

Don't make me MELON-choly,
Please be my HONEY DEW,
'Cause oh, my sweet PAPAYA,
I'm BANANAS over you!

I would be oh, so GRAPEful
If you'd just say you care,
For it takes two to MANGO,
And we're a PEACHy PEAR.

Oh, ORANGE you a little
COCONUTS for me too?
Please say you'll be mon CHERRY,
I'm so GUAVA over you.
QUOTES:

Create the life you yearn for.

"Family traditions mark time in a happy way and give a sense of both anticipation and continuity. Research shows that traditions, routines, and rituals boost physical and emotional health. And they're fun." (~ Gretchin Rubin). 

In the cookies of life, friends are the chocolate chips! 

Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace. 

SCRIPTURES:

Deuteronomy 7:6, 8a = For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession... it was because the Lord loved you. 

Psalm 61:5 = You have given me the heritage of those who fear your name. 

Lamentations 3:22-23 = Because of the Lord's great LOVE we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are NEW every morning; great is your faithfulness. 

Romans 15:13 = May the God of HOPE fill you with all JOY & PEACE as you trust in Him. 

2 Corinthians 6:16 = We are the temple of the living God.

Philippians 1:3-6 = I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with JOY because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. 

I've updated my old Flickr page! Here's my JOY playlist on YouTube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).