Search This Blog

March 10, 2015

Thank God for Spring and Husbands!

 
 
Sudden Spring
By The Marquise de Chambrun
 
When gilded head of crocus breaks the earth
And blossoms tremble on the almond tree
The sun is warmer on my aging back
And memories come crowding in to me.
The dragging winter months have lasted long
And chill has kept me prisoned to my hearth
My senses dulled by many months disuse
But suddenly it's spring again!
 
With eagerness I daily search them out;
Remembered signs and joys returned--
The first dark hidden violet,
The bursting gold of daffodil,
The early song of finch upon the bough,
The scarlet flash of cardinal,
And I am young again
Because
I find a sudden spring.

Love you dear! Happy Birthday and may you have many more springs to enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).