Search This Blog

March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hope you are wearing your green! And for your listening pleasure:
 
 
(Note: Click on the little square emblem in the right hand corner to enlarge to full screen size.
Click same area to make smaller.) 
 
I went out this weekend and obtained some more supplies  for my Documented Faith 2015 journal. Who says we have to spend gobs of money to document our Life and Faith anyway?

 
I got the plastic dividers into my notebook. Sorry for the blurry mess -- my camera doesn't take close up photos well. I purchased a couple of fine-line sharpies to label the dividers into months, but I'm gonna have to practice handwriting first. I've been typing so much, I think I've forgotten I can write. I took a mini-calligraphy class in high school from the Latin teacher and have been told I have pretty handwriting, but I need to flex the fingers to get the kinks out!
 
I found document sleeves to slide  Stephanie's devotional sheets and anything else I want to protect into. I found this package of new, unopened sheet protectors at the thrift store for 99 cents. Can't beat that!
 
And I bought a package of  these trading card protectors for journaling cards and for other things I might want to save.  These are smaller than the Project Life scrapbook sleeves that Stephanie used, but are along the same lines, however, these will only fit encouragement cards or photos or whatever that are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" in size.
 
 
I have run out of primary colored cardstock, so I picked up a package of it at Walmart in the stationary department. I want to use one of Stephanie's doodled quotes for a title page in the front of my notebook, so I thought this might come in handy for background color behind it. You know, print, cut and glue it down, then insert it in a document sleeve to protect it. 
 
Then I picked up a few more supplies like decorative washi tape and ribbon. Stephanie uses fine-line markers and a white one when she doodles and writes in her planner, so I bought both a black and a white marker. It looks like I need a pencil pouch to carry my markers in, so I believe that will be a next purchase. The Project Life 12 x 12 scrapbooks at Michaels have nice brackets on the spine to insert a label, so when I saw these plastic notebook clips that you can write on on clearance, I grabbed 'em.
 
 
The girlfriend who persuaded me to sign up for Documented Life called one day last week and wanted to get together to practice our doodling. I've been saving some quotes I like to make ATC sized encouragement cards for my trading card sleeves.  The devil does everything he can to discourage us when we start a praise project like this  and she called the next day to say she was sick. Sigh! And then my computer has been freezing up and giving me fits, but God will give us the victory! Right? Donna! *smile* 
 
 
Christ beside me.
Christ before me.
Christ behind me.
Christ within me.
Christ beneath me.
Christ above me.
 
~ St. Patrick.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).