Search This Blog

July 16, 2018

A Sigh of Relief and Jumping for Joy!


1. THANKFUL BOYS IN CAVE RESCUED! = I imagine those Thai boys were thankful to see the sunlight once more as Jonah was when he was released from the belly of that great fish that swallowed him! 

2. THANKFUL FOR BEE'S HONEY AND HERBS! - To me, Greek thyme honey tastes a little like hoar hound candy. Now I know why. I've enjoyed this candy, but thought I wouldn't be able to eat it again because of the sugar content. Just learned that both hoar hound and thyme are in the mint family (Lamiaceae) and all have medicinal, antiseptic qualities like honey! Which means I should eat more, right? Here is a recipe for a thyme tea infusion (a tisane). I only had dried thyme and I let it steep the full 10 minutes, then I added a splash of Kool-Aid lemonade to it and it was so Yummy! However, real lemon juice can be added instead with 2 tablespoons lemon juice + 2 tablespoons stevia/honey to 3/4 cup of the hot liquid and stirring to mix. 

3. SCRIPTURE ART JOURNALING = My inspiration: a  Tea-riffic Card! 


4. THANKFUL WE MADE IT TO FAMILY REUNION IN ONE PIECE! = No semi's hit us this year, however, we were saddened to learn of the sudden, unexpected death of a family member's father-in-law the day before our reunion. 

5. TREASURES I'M GRATEFUL FOR = I compiled a small list of items for a scavenger hunt for the children to do at our family reunion. It was being held in a park, so most things could have been found by a sharp eyed kid! One thing I asked them to find was something they might treasure. None of them brought a family member to me, but they did bring some other interesting items to win a piece of candy. One young man even found a heart-shaped rock!
That got me to thinking - what items do I treasure besides my family? I treasure conveniences such as my two canes -- they work hard for me - not only keeping me upright, but also helping to steady me as I practice going up and down steps (scary, I tell you when you have the rocking boat variety of vertigo) and giving me something to push against from a sitting position to get upright. I also treasure fly-swatters - no biting on me, thank you very much. I also realized how much I appreciate elevators when one of the hotels we stayed at put us on the second floor and I had to walk up two flights of steps and down a long hallway to get to our room. I also appreciated the air conditioning in our new-t0-us car this weekend as it was HOT, as the pick-up had the roll-down variety of air conditioning. smile! And while I have learned how to push open doors for myself with either my canes or walker in hand,  I treasure the kind people who see me coming and run to hold a door open for me. Today, a gentleman watched over me as I descended stairs outside of a church building. It makes them feel good to help someone, especially when I'm gracious enough to thank them. 
Also, while I love drinking Quik Trip's white peach flavored iced tea, Casey's convenience store does not carry it, but my husband found a new flavored drink for me this last weekend there that is sweetened with stevia. I tried several flavors and think I like the coconut one best. It is called BAI  COCOFUSION! Yum!  (CAFFEINE ALERT! This drink is best suited for daytime drinking, but not after 6pm. smile!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).