Search This Blog

July 31, 2018

Not Today, Satan!

1. DOCUMENTED FAITH - Hackers got into Stephanie's Instagram Account and deleted it. She said she arm wrestled with the webmaster to see if he could possibly restore it and when he could or would not, she had to start over! She said the verse under our promise this week (Revelation 21:4) was really pertinent for her situation and she told the evil one "Not today, Satan!" as she read: "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (v. 5) "HE who was seated on the THRONE said," I am making everything NEW!" Then he said, "WRITE THIS DOWN, for these words are trustworthy and true." So she did and sent us an email!   I'm thankful she's still alive and well!

My Documented Faith collection here.

2. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL - I'm grateful that God sent us 30 children one night for our church's VBS!

3.  The evil one is the father of confusion (mental fog) and lies and I'm struggling with knowing what kind of boundaries are Godly ones that he has put into place. My  shirt-tail cousin, Brenda, shared this verse sometime ago to help me to be able to discern some of the kind of boundaries I should have in place - Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."  The book I'm reading at the moment also quotes this verse. 

I've written down quotes from books before that were pertinent to my life, but this time, inspired by Stephanie Ackerman, I'm taking it one step further and also writing down in a spiral notebook questions to ask myself concerning the subject as they occur to me, definitions when words or concepts aren't clear to me, Bible verses that the author is using in her book, and at the end quotes from the book. Thank you, Stephanie, for your inspiration. 

4. I'm SO THANKFUL for those prayer warriors, my support team, out there that are praying for me RIGHT NOW! Everybody sometime has to face up to their own mortality. I'm in that spot right now and I'm scared. Remember when you were little and scared from a bad dream and you ran to snuggle up to mom or dad for comfort? I want somebody with skin on to hug me, to fight for me,  to make it all better and make the bad stuff go away. I'm not done living here. I still have stuff  I want to do.  Oh how pertinent are the comfort verses God sends to me each week. 

5. I'm thankful for Karen as I was having a hard day concerning my newest diagnoses after an echocardiogram (more on that later) and she came to visit me. She brought me some tea pretties and a new book to read called Gratitude: Affirming One Another Through Stories. by Len Froyen. I shall report on it later when I get done reading my current books. She told me to go create, so I did and here's what I made for my scripture art journal:


She has been drinking a brand of hot tea called Prince of Peace which intrigued me, so I went to look at the website and learned it was a Christian based company which I had suspected. So cool! The heart, brand, and tea cups came from a couple of their store flyers which I fussy cut out. I glued them to a background of inked masking tape, wrote and cut out the strips of the Bible verse and then "painted" on a coat of Modge-Podge to protect it. The dye ink lifted a little to make the whole page look grungy. I like it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).