Search This Blog

July 08, 2018

Call On His Name




1. THANK YOU GOD for listening to our prayers. Thank you for sending men miraculously in the right direction to find the soccer team boys and to rescue 4 of them so far from the Thailand cave system! Please shield the mountain from the rains until all the boys and their coach are rescued. Joshua prayed for the sun to stand still and it did and so we ask that you hold the rains off until all the boys and their coach are standing in the sunlight once more. Bless the rescuers with wisdom and strength to remove the boys from the caves. Be with the family of the Thai diver who passed away during the operation. Bring them comfort.  Be with the parents of the boys -- I know how terrifying this must be for them - stand by them! 

"On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel: "Oh sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon. So the sun stood still and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a man. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel." ~ Joshua 10:12-14

2. DOCUMENTED FAITH - I doodled and stamped this scripture art journal page inspired by Monica (of Because Jesus Bible Journaling).



3. DRINK - I haven't drank Kool-Aid lemonade for years, however, I recently discovered it's a cheap alternative to bottled flavored water made with Splenda, which gives me a headache. If you substitute a cup of stevia powder for the sugar the unsweetened single powder 0.19 oz. package instructions tells you to use, you get a pretty decent drink for pennies. Thank you, Lord, for Kool-Aid!

4. SCRAPBOOK & STAMP SHOW - I'm thankful I was able to go this year and I found a few things tea related that came home with me. I also looked at a mini cash & carry, cell-phone purse with cherries on it, but could not find the price, so left it there. Then on the way home, we stopped to visit the in-laws and my mother-in-law surprised me by giving me the very same kind of purse. She said it came as a freebie in something she mail-ordered, but it was too small for her. I was tickled pink! 😁

5. I have been thinking of those boys trapped in that cave and I shiver all over for I get claustrophobic just thinking about it. I've been in caves before as Missouri has something like 6,000 known caves, however, I've only been in a few and Carlsbad Cavern in New Mexico a couple of times. In one article I read, the coach in Buddhist monk training had the boys practice meditation to keep them calm. Well, I've also been in some tight MRI tubes that I've had to pray my way through. So today I am thankful to hear the birds singing their praises to God this fine Sunday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).