Search This Blog

November 05, 2021

Hello Fall!

Been busy prepping my kitchen for possible dietary changes and had a endoscopy and cataract surgery, so I'm a little behind on my positivity journal flip-throughs. You know, the old saying about the more you RUSH, the behinder you get? Yep, that's me! 🤓

So don't have much written down in my written diary, however, we did go to the zoo in September. My husband's company picnic was at the zoo this year. Last year it was canceled due to Covid restrictions and the years before that it was at a picnic shelter near our local lake. I told hubby, if I was going, I wanted to see if they had a scooter we could rent. I walked in with my rollator and just inside the gate, there was a little building where they rented out strollers and scooters and they kept my rollator until I returned their scooter. Not only was lunch good, but we were able to get to a part of the zoo we had never been able to travel to because of the walking distance. I just scooted that scooter around and got to see the African elephant exhibits and lots of other animals including a happy hippo! It was such as blessing and here's me on my scooter! Mrs. HOT WHEELS! 🤓 


My friend Connie made me something special in September and brought it over with love -- she upcycled one of her granny's chopping boards and decoupaged it with the word JOY! You can see it in the video on my pictorial diary page. 

QUOTES/SAYINGS:
"By reading the scriptures, I am so renewed that all nature seems renewed around me and with me. The sky seems to be a pure, cooler blue, the trees a deeper green. The whole world is charged with the glory of God and I feel fire and music under my feet." (Thomas Merton).

Front Cover Card = Friend Blessings come in countless ways, through caring smiles on cloudy days, in hopeful prayers that see us through...

From my Garden with Love. 

Homemade with Love.

"It was one of those sumptuous days when the world is full of autumn muskiness and tangy. Crisp perfection: vivid blue sky, deep green fields, leaves in a thousand luminous hues. It is a truly astounding sight when every tree in a landscape become individual, when each winding back highway and plump hillside is suddenly and infinitely splashed with every sharp shade that nature can bestow -- flaming scarlet, lustrous gold, throbbing vermilion, fiery orange." (Bill Bryson)

It's not easy being Green! - Kermit the Frog.

"Jesus comes not for the super-spiritual but for the wobbly and the weak-kneed who know they don't have it all together, and who are not too proud to accept the handout of amazing grace." (Brennan Manning). 

Sometimes in the winds of change, we find our true direction! 

"There is a beautiful thing which is wonderful, to look like a woman, not a green bean." (Laetitia Casta).

Psst! I'm so enjoying creating my Dolly's. Here's an album of my Dolly's on Flickr.  I love pairing the quote with what she's wearing (besides my face!). 

SCRIPTURE:
Genesis 24:63 = He went out to the field one evening to meditate...

Joshua 1:8 = Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Psalm 1:2 = but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. 

Colossians 1:6 (Grace Card scripture) = All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all its truth. 

Revelation 1: 5 = and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the first born from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood. 

GOOD MEMORIES:
After our son was born, we called all the grandparents and great-grandparents by their title and first name. All of them were still alive then, except one (my Kansas grandfather had passed in 1977). But our son soon dubbed one great-grandpa with his own special name -- "grandpa with the tractor!" That grandpa had a red Farmall tractor.  

When our son was small, less than a year old, he was scooching along the floor by the time he was 5 months old. He sat up by himself at a doctor's visit at four, which pretty much amazed the doctor and I. We were visiting my Oklahoma grandmother and we told him to not get in her dog's face, but some kids just have to learn in the school of hard knocks and he did it anyway. Yep, the dog bit him on the nose and we heard him say "dumb dog." Those were his very first words! 

When he was a little older, of kindergarten age, we used to call him "sonny boy" or "punkin" as a term of endearment. One day he came home from school and told me that he wanted to be called "sweetheart," so to please him (giving his father the heads up when he got home from work that day), we tried our best to call him sweetheart. A few days went by and then he announced he wanted his old names back! 🤓

BUTTONS! I was inspired by Melanie Sullivan of YouTube. She sewed some buttons into her "Wreck this Journal" book. 

And my Poetry this month is actually Kermit's song, It's Not Easy Being Green! by Joe Raposo. 1970. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. (Hebrews 12:28).